Think of it as the Russian Stacking Dolls of weight training. The Powerblock consists of a weight handle that fits inside the first weight, which fits inside the second, which fits inside the third, etc. When you want to change weights, you simply move the weight selector pin into the appropriate slot and you’re set. As you lift the core, all the weights above the selector pin are lifted at the same time, turning your 10-pound dumbbell into a 20-pound dumbbell, or your 25-pound dumbbell into a 40-pound dumbbell. Not only is the system incredibly easy to use, but it will save you tons of space in your garage or house.
From my own experience, I wasn’t interested in spending thousands of dollars for my garage gym after I cancelled my gym membership. Getting multiple dumbbells, a bench bar, squat rack and plates would have cost me an arm and a leg. I came across the Powerblock and my problem was solved. Not only was it significantly more cheap, but it saved me space in my garage where I have a limited amount of room.
I regularly perform the following exercises with my Powerblock Elite Adjustable Dumbbells:
- Flat-Back Chest Press
- Incline Chest Press
- Decline Chest Press
- Hammer Curls
- Regular Curls
- Concentration Curls
- Incline Curls
- Reverse Incline Curls
- Shoulder Press
- Single Leg Deadlift
- Single Arm Snatch
- Front Raise
- Horizontal Raise
- Bent Over Row
- Calf Jump
- Single Arm Row
- Burpee Snatch
- Squat Shoulder Press
Benefits Compared to Traditional Dumbbells
- Pair of adjustable dumbbell weights for efficient, cost-effective strength training
- Adjusts from 5 to 45 pounds in 5-pound increments (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 pounds)
- Selector pin lets you change weights easily, just like with weight stack at the gym
- More compact and balanced than traditional dumbbells; padded handle for wrist protection
- Offers maximum weight of 45 pounds per hand; limited 10-year warranty
Odd Look and Durability
These dumbbells look much different than your regular dumbbell. They have a rectangular shape and can be confusing to the eye when you first look at it. I can personally assure you, however, that they are very easy to use and simple to adjust.
- Compact Design
- Adjustable From 5 to 90 Pounds
- Adjusts In Five to Ten Pound Increments For Versatility
- Excellent Balance
- Durable Mechanism for Weight Selection
- Comprised of All Steel Welded Weights
- Combatable With Gym and Bar Accessories
- Saves Time
- Saves Space
- Top Rated for Durability
- Comfortable Hand Grip
- Made in the USA
Expansion Kit for More Weight
I also use the PowerBlock Expansion kit that is available as an add-on for the Powerblock Adjustable Dumbbell sets. This allows me to lift heavier weights when I want to and it still doesn’t cost me any additional space in my garage.
Benefits of the Expansion Kit
- Expands PowerBlock Elite 50 set from 50 to 70 lbs. per hand
- Adds 6 additional increments to 50 lb. set
- 70 lb. set replaces 22 pairs of dumbbells.
- Expansion kit also available.
My PowerBlock Elite Adjustable Dumbbell Set has allowed me to save money on a monthly gym membership and make the transition from full-time gym-goer to being able to stay at home and still get a great workout. Not only is it affordable compared to ordering a dozen or more different dumbbells, but it also saves a ton of space. I have the PowerBlock Elite 50 set and the 70lb. expansion kit, which is the equivalent of owning 22 pairs of dumbbells. They are very durable, comfortable to grip and easy to adjust. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is in the market for dumbbells and wants to save space without sacrificing quality.